Tuesday 13 June 2017

GameMaker - Asteroids

Game Link

When going through each part of the game, I didn't really have much difficulty because it was just copying what was supposed to be done. Everything had to be done precisely otherwise the game wouldn't work. If I ever missed something I'd have to go back and find what was missing from the code. It was pretty simple to follow, the most difficult part was probably watching every video and staying focused because they were so long and had many parts.


As or game modifications, I only changed the sprites a bit and made it so more asteroids would spawn. I had a bit of trouble here because at first I tried to make it so you could gain an extra life at certain milestones.Once I did that though the game kept crashing. I don't know if it was because of the asteroids spawning plus the live adding but I changed both and ended up removing the life thing completely. I think the game can already go on for a long time without it. There was really nothing else I added because I felt like it could take longer than the time I had and working outside of the instructions could create issues I wouldn't know how to solve myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment